Radio Control Durham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caster Nerd Cup

3 posters

Go down

Caster Nerd Cup Empty Caster Nerd Cup

Post by rcdave Fri 20 Sep 2013, 7:38 pm

It's BACK. Saturday September 21st 2013. . This is going to be an event you are not going to want to miss. We have a ton of sponsors for this event with a ton of giveaways.

As always ALL RACERS PLEASE READ. There is a bunch of new information in this post that is special to this event so please take the time to read it, if you have any questions ask away. I have added titles to each section for faster viewing. I get asked questions where the answers are in this post, like pricing, and start times.

CLASSES

1/8th Nitro Buggy
1/8th Nitro Truggy
1/8th Electric Buggy
1/8th Electric Truggy (if less than 6 people class will not be run)
1/10 Buggy (if less then 6 people class will not be run)
2wd OPEN Short Course Truck(Short Course Chassis and Short Course Closed wheel body)
4wd SPEC Short Course Truck (Truck must have short course chassis, closed wheel body (SC style), 550 can 4 pole motor or smaller, 2 cell lipo max or 7 cell NIMH, short course style wheels and tires)

PRICING

Members:
1st Class - $25
2nd Class - $15
3rd Class - $10

Non-Members:
1st Class - $30
2nd Class - $20
3rd Class - $10

Memberships have now been discounted to $50 for the rest of the season. This gives you the race discount as well as access to the track from 9AM until dusk 7 days a week. Available at XtremeRC in Oshawa or at the track race days.

BASIC RULES

Any disputes/issues you have must be settled at the track when they take place please contact one of the board members immediately so the issue can be resolved. Thank you for your understanding.

No alcohol or drug use anywhere on the grounds

If you need to test/tune your car head to the north end of the property away from any people or vehicles

No parking to the west of the driver stand

No open toed shoes on the track or in pit lane

If you transponder misses laps, it is something wrong with your equipment. I will not make adjustments to your standings. This also goes for if you cut the loop and miss a lap it is not my fault. To be on the safe side if you think you missed the loop double back super quick and hit it again. The computer will automatically disregard any lap under 25 seconds.

REGISTRATION

Gates will open at 8AM FIRM I can not stress this enough. There is a race lock on and only board members are to enter the grounds before 8AM. This allows for us to get things setup without distractions in order to get things rolling smoothly. Registration will be open from 815-9AM. Drivers meeting at 9:15 Races start at 9:30. If you can not make registration please let me know a head of time, as I pull all no shows out of the computer before I set up the quals.

You will pay Tim then come see me in the hut to make sure all your info is correct. I will remind you all on race day.

All racers are to attend the drivers meeting. We will go over the track rules, how mains start etc.

RACE TIMES

There will be 2 - 7 minute qualifiers.

Electric A mains are 10 minutes, B-mains and lower are 8 minutes with 2 bumps.

Nitro mains are 20 minutes, B-mains and lower are 15 minutes with 2 bumps.

MARSHALING AND RACE FLOW
There will be ZERO tolerance for not marshaling. Unless for a medical reason you clear with me BEFORE we have our drivers meeting (so I can find you a fill in) you must marshal after your race.
There will be 10 marked cones with numbers on them. On the printouts next to your name there will be a car number this is your cone number I expect to see you there. If you are an 11 or 12 find a spot to marshal.
There will be a table in front of the race hut drop your gear and head out to marshal.
There will be a strict 3 minutes between heats of qualifying. This is more then enough time to warm your cars up and get out for a few laps. This also gives enough time for drivers to come off the stand drop there gear on the table and head out to marshal. I do not care if you need to charge batteries, or switch transponders. We have a lot of racing to get through so I hope you all understand.
There will be NO mercy minute during qualifying. I however will bend this rules slightly for the mains.
I will go over more clearly how this whole thing works on race day, but in a nutshell here it is.

Race 3 is on the track, there is 1 minute left, race 4 you guys are on deck, nitro guys may start your engines off to the side or in YOUR pits, not in pit lane!
Race 3 ends after last driver crosses the line, automatic timer starts counting down from 3 minutes.
Race 3 drivers head off the stand, Race 4 drivers drop there cars on the track, head up to the stand.
Race 4 drivers are warming up and checking in, while Race 3 drivers are dropping there cars on the table and heading out to marshal at there cone marked with there car number.
Timer hits zero, tone goes, loop is live, Race 4 is underway.

I will do my best to make sure this happens as effective as possible by calling out marshals and race numbers etc.

The only time I will pause the timer will be if there are too few marshals, or if there is an error with someones transponder number and I need to make an adjustment.

50/50 DRAW

Tickets will be sold throughout the day by one of the board members. Pricing is as follows:
3 Tickets for $5
8 Tickets for $10

Winner will be announced that day.

OTHER INFO

We will have a lunch break after the 1st round of qualifying.

Rain dates are the Sunday after, if it rains Sunday we will try and move it to another date.

Due to the difficulty in predicting weather the latest a race will be cancelled is the morning of that race.

I will also have the t-shirts with me for anyone who ordered one or who wants to buy one, they are just $20. I have Medium, Large, and XL left.

Track will be closing Friday September 13th 2013 and will remain closed until Saturday September 21st 2013 to get the track ready for this race. Look for a post for members to come out and help with the work. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope I have gone over everything. I know it is a novel

See you on the 21st!

Copied Adam's post.
rcdave
rcdave

Back to top Go down

Caster Nerd Cup Empty Re: Caster Nerd Cup

Post by Turbonutt Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

Thanks Dave, here's hoping the rain holds off
Turbonutt
Turbonutt
Admin

https://radiocontroldurham.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianNascar Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:16 pm

Bummer for the rain, I'm thinking Sunday will be too wet as well..
CanadianNascar
CanadianNascar

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbonutt Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:18 pm

if it doesn't stop raining soon I'm thinking that as well, 2 race weekends in a row will suck!
Turbonutt
Turbonutt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianNascar Sat 21 Sep 2013, 4:07 pm

Yea a Sat then Sun race is probably too much for me..
I have a feeling Oct will be cold...
CanadianNascar
CanadianNascar

Back to top Go down

Post by Turbonutt Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:42 pm

it will be a little tough, not sure if I'll be able to do 2 in 2 days.
Turbonutt
Turbonutt
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down