Radio Control Durham
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Monster Build

3 posters

Go down

Custom Monster Build Empty Custom Monster Build

Post by slapshot1979 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 4:48 pm

Wow the first to post in this area.
Most of us have been buddies for a number of years and have since gone on to do other things in the R/C areas, boats, crawlers,scalers etc. I thought I would post a thread of what I have been up too.

I have always consider myself a builder over a driver and this last project was a ton of work.

Started last winter with an axial wraith which I enjoyed and really liked how they built the drivetrain.
So I decided to build a completely custom truck built from scratch.

I wanted the snakebite body and designed on paper the tube chassis to fit snugly under body and the chassis to have as much realistic properties as time and money allowed. all the suspension geometry is thought out designed to work properly and not just because there is a mounting location nearby Smile The chassis is steel tube silver soldered together, sandblasted painted.

Drivetrain is axial wraith as I mentioned and have some upgrades to handle the brushless setup which has done so nicely so far.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

slapshot1979

Back to top Go down

Custom Monster Build Empty Re: Custom Monster Build

Post by Turbonutt Sun 08 Sep 2013, 10:00 pm

that is some nice looking work Luke! I love the tube chassis, really does look like a full size monster truck, now you need some TT01's to crush! LOL
Turbonutt
Turbonutt
Admin

https://radiocontroldurham.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianNascar Sun 08 Sep 2013, 11:36 pm

Looks nice, I was a fan of Snakebite, he was in the Bigfoot stable. I was always disappointed that Bigfoot ran in another series that really didn't take off like MonsterJam..

Good to see old faces back online.. Smile
CanadianNascar
CanadianNascar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down